16 Sep 2014

Seraphine and Tracon 9



It's been a long time since I've been to any sort of con and last weekend I finally went to Tracon! I was at a con for the first time in, I don't know, 8 years? So it was a great comeback for me ^_^ It had grown since I last saw it, I even went to the very first Tracon, which was held at TTY. There was free entrance then and lots and lots of visitors even though it was a new thing back then! I'm so happy Tracon has grown so much these past years, and Tracon9 was sold out weeks before the actual event, so it was packed full! Lucky I had decided to get the tickets early. I wore a gothic lolita coord and I really felt so cute >w<

Dress - FanPlusFriend
Blouse - Bodyline
Purse - e-Bay
Socks - secondhand
Jewellery & hair clip - selfmade


There were so many interesting things going on at the same time, so I had a hard time choosing what to do. The obvious choice for us was to go to a concert, so we went to see Traconin legendat (Tracon's legends). They had a dance performance as well, and a narrated storyline to go along with the songs they played. My favourites were the Battle Theme from Inuyasha, Princess Mononoke's Theme and Walk from Totoro.



We also went to see the Beyond Real choir concert and it was amazing! One of my favourites from Tracon this year! And yes, again I cried like a little kid, especially when they sang Lilium from Elfen Lied! It was so beautiful :') 

We went to listen to lectures and see shows and met other lolitas too! I also found a police box! But I couldn't travel in time to see every lecture and performance, because the door wouldn't open :(



I got to try out this dancing arcade game with a sensor to catch the movement of the people in front of it, it was such fun! The idea was to match the movement of the pictures on the screen at the right time, it was like hitting the marks in by getting into the right position. It was much easier and much more fun than the dance pad (the pad with arrows, which you need to step on). Here's how the dancing arcade game looks on the screen:



There was this really nice girl, er, I mean Legolas, who played the game together with me! Legolas was much more skillful at dancing and moved around much faster than me :D She was a great dancing partner! It was such fun! I am definitely getting this game if I can get my hands on it! Here's me and Legolas trying to get started:

So how does this work?

Oh now I get it!

Swoosh!

She's making hiphop hands while I'm making cat paws, such spontaneously loli-believable dancing xD

 We've got the groove!

YEAH!

 What a great pair :D

I seriously think we won.

 I wanted to play more, but there were many other people who wanted to try this game out too! I am so getting one *_*

There were so many cute and skillfully made outfits and costumes! I asked permission to take photos of the cosplayers, whose characters I loved, and had played each game and watched each movie or series more than once, and knew the whole story behind them. I just loved every one of them! Here are a few of my personal favourites!

Lightning (from the game Final Fantasy XIII), Beatrix (from the game Final Fantasy IX) and Edward Kenway (from the game Assassin's Creed: Black Flag), I would have loved to catch Steiner on photo too, but he had just moved further away and couldn't move, because they were in the middle of playing human chess!

Rikku and Paine (from the game Final Fantasy X-2)

Zakuro (from the anime series Otome Yokai Zakuro), I just loved her cosplay, I think it was such a perfect match with her, so cute <3


Nameless heroine (from the anime series Amnesia)

Tranduil (from the movie Hobbit), she just took my breath away with the level of her cosplay, it was beyond perfect!

There were lots of lovely handmade things and lots of individual art for sale in the Art Alley at the third floor! I had to go around it at least four times during the weekend and every time I saw something I hadn't noticed before! There were handmade jewellery, postcards, stickers, artworks, accessories and everything! There was also a huge marketplace at the first floor, there were clothes, plushies, figures, mangas, sweets and all kinds of things. Something had my name written on it, so here's my haul from over the weekend :3


If you see Tracon9 photos of yourself here, you are welcome to use the photos in your blog or facebook, just be sure to mention that the photos are taken by Seraphine & The Striped Box, okay? :3

2 comments:

  1. Hi nice blog and I am Lightning cosplayer so cult you send me that photo my email?
    And same to finnish
    Hei hieno kirjoitus Traconista. Olen tuossa kuvassa tuo Lightning cossaaja joten voisitko lähettää minulle tuon kuvansähköpostiini ja pahoittelut huonosta englannin kielestäni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos :) Oli tosi hieno Light-cossi sulla ja tottakai voin lähettää kuvia! Sun profiilissa ei ollut yhteystietoja, joten jos laittaisit mulle sähköpostia osoitteeseen seraphineandthestripedbox@gmail.com niin vastaan sitten valokuvien kera!

      Delete