24 Nov 2014

My birthday party





Up until now I've spent my birthdays quietly and without a fuss for years, but this year I wanted something different. It's been a terrible year for me, so I gave myself a permission to pamper myself with a kiddy birthday party ◕‿◕ I've at least deserved that much! So I invited some of my lolita friends to celebrate my birthday with me! I wanted a princessy theme, so it became rococo inspired. There were 8 of us, because my kitchen couldn't seat more than that, and  I was very happy to have so many lovely guests! Everyone was very beautifully dressed, but unfortunately we didn't take a group photo, because nobody remembered it(>д<)

I really felt special, I felt happy treating noms to all those friends, having them come all the way out here to spend the day with me, it was something I haven't had in a long, long time, and something I realize I really had wished for a long time. I loved talking with everyone and I think we all had a really good time  ωSo thanks again everyone, you made my day! Special thanks to Erica and Saija for taking some of the photos for me!

Candle lit snack time!


It was such nom!

I served selfmade strawberry lemonade made out of the juice I made last summer. It's my favourite

I had decorated the chairs with flowers and ribbons.

After snacking we made paper crowns and decorated them with glitter and flowers.

My crown (◡‿◡✿)

See? I'm enjoying everything else except the wig.

Discussing fine details of making a crown! Very important.

Time for desserts!

The chocolate cake got the honors to try out the glass dome thingy for the first time. It doesn't stash well when there isn't a cake inside.

Also my cute plates were serving rolled flat cake (suomeksi siis käärelättänä). It was supposed to have bird patterns on it, but they didn't turn out so well, people didn't see them as birds! They were guessed to be teapots or even skulls  (><) But who cares, the cake tasted good!

Observe my new curtains in the background.

I made a lolita cardgame, so we got to try it out for the first time! I was so happy it worked and people liked it! It was so much fun! We ended up calling it the "coordgame", since that's what we were trying to do.

Here's one of my winning coords. Need to make a few "over the top" pieces to make it more exciting.

I received presents too, but I'll make another post about that later, since this one is pretty photo spammed as it is. Sadly I'm still waiting for my dream items to be shipped, I bought them for myself as a birthday present and I'm beginning to be very impatient! But they said they'll ship them as soon as they can, so I'll try to be a good girl and wait a little longer  ◕‿◕

Also here's links to the blog posts Sera and Saija made to their blogs about the birthday party




2-piece dress - selfmade
Skirt peeking under the dress - e-Bay (tuned)
Jewellery & hair accessory - selfmade
Under shirt - vintage
Over knee socks - Sokos

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely Birthday party! Everything is so nice decorated, the food looks delicious and you even made a game. Very lovely *_*
    I wish I would celebrate mine more often too but I didn't found time this year ~_~ But next year I will definitly do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ I was so tired the next day, but we had so much fun, so it was well worth the effort to have a birthday party! I hope you'll have a great birthday next year too (^_~)☆

      Delete
  2. Oli aivan ihanat juhlat ja niin kaunista ja ihana asu ja herkkuja ruokia! >_< ❤
    Kyllä merkkipäiviä kannattaa aina juhlia ja järjestää pippalot, vaikka ei olis ihmeempää syytäkään. :P

    Korttipeli oli ihan parhautta! Haluun taas pelaan! ^____^

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo kyllä kannatti todellakin viettää prinsessasynttärit etenkin kun seura oli niin parhautta! Oon vieläkin ihan tohkeissani kun oli niin ihana päivä teidän kanssa (❤^ー^❤)

      Delete
  3. Onnittelut näin jälkeen päin! Ihanat juhlat! Kyllä synttäreitä saa js kannattaakin juhlia; prinsessabileet on just parhaita <3 ihania herkkuja, asuja ja tuo korttipeli on varmasti hauska!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Onhan ne synttärit vaan kerran vuodessa, ja mulla vielä mukavasti niin, ettei mene kesälomien tai minkään juhlapyhien päälle, niin että kyllä kelpaa juhlistaa :D Toivottavasti säkin pääset joku kerta sieltä kaukaa pelaan mun korttipeliä myöskin!

      Delete