11 Jan 2016

Punky coord


 
Dress - Axes Femme
Blouse - FanPlusFriend
Necklace & earrings - handmade by me
The rest - random stuff from my closet
(and yes, I am wearing ill-coorded combat boots because of comfy & rainy)

Went to a small meetup a while back during the autumn. At the meetup I had this one moment which was both funny and weird, when I heard a fellow lolita friend in the meetup wonder how strange it was to see me wearing gothics, since I so rarely do >< And she was equally surprised to hear that gothic is pretty much what I always wear in my normal mode (and it's not the first time I've got this reaction from a fellow lolita), what can I say ┐('`)┌  

 I guess looks can be especially deceiving when wearing lolita? But then again, isn't lolita just the thing for expressing oneself, so I guess I'm doing it right when I'm enjoying every aspect of it! I'd had such a long break from lolita due to many different circumstances, so it was very nice to be out and about wearing frillies again with fellow lolita friends! There were also bunnies at the café where we had the meetup! We got to feed them carrots too and carefully pet them, they were so incredibly soft and fluffy ‿‿
 
 

 

I have been feeling crappy all year long and it took me a good long while to figure out that I hated my hair :/ It took me 4 long years to grow it out to this length (short as it was), but oh gosh how I struggled with managing that damn long hair! I was so fed up with that old flimsy long hairdo, so I had it cut short again (oh thank the gods!). And right after cutting it  I've been feeling so much better, prettier, awesomer, smarter, faster, and whatever postivive thing I can come up with. Honestly, I'm feeling more confident by the minute, I even consider myself looking younger now (not that how old I look really matters, but the long hair made me feel so old and tired). Needless to say I'm sticking with this from now on, though I think maybe I need to get a wig or two now for those special coords... The trouble is I hate wearing wigs 

 
Me in my normie mode and with flimsy hair, taken just before I had it cut (trust me, it actually looks way better here than in reality).

Having short hair again made me feel a bit more punkier than usual, hence the punk wibes to my coord. I also used red chalk to temporarily dye my hair to match the dress. I was really pleased with the coord since it felt so comfy to me! It felt more like me than most of my other coords, which partly also led me to first clear out my wardrobe a bit and then to add some more gothic items to it! 


 
Somehow I think I even reached a bit of a badass mode :D

No comments:

Post a Comment